Wish you all a year full of butter, sugar, chocolate, vanilla and tonnes of cupcakes!
Thank you all for being with me through 2009, each and every one of you. 2010 is going to be wonderful.
Here is a list of some things I hope to do in 2010:
- Make macarons
- Make marshmallows
- Make verrines
- Make fresh pasta
- Make Spanish churros
- Make soufflé (chocolate or cheese?)
- Make an elaborate birthday cake
- Make candied rose petals
- Make my own cheese – mascarpone, mozzarella
- Make Tabasco sauce
- Read 5 chef biographies / restaurant stories
- Try wild rice
- Try Tahitian vanilla
- Try Frech lavender
- Try 5 (new) types of salts
- Buy a blow torch (and then make crème brûlée)
- Grow my own herbs
- And best of all, make a trip to Japan.
Something you think, I absolutely must try? Let me know!